Let’s make something clear from the get-go: Canadian travellers haven’t been at such a disadvantage in terms of currencies in a very, very long time. It’s a pity, really! But fret not: our team of experts here at expedia.ca managed to find unreal deals for your summer holiday. From Europe to Hawaii and Asia, dozens of destinations are currently available for a fraction of their normal price.
Book by July 27 and travel through September 10 to get the best rates!
Not sure where to start? Here are six of our favourite destinations included in the Vacation Envy mega sale.
If you too are part lizard and thrive in warmer than warm temperatures, than perhaps a getaway to Vegas is in order this summer. And with prices this low (what, four nights + flight for less than $1000?), it’s hard to fight the temptation.
And if you can’t stand the heat… just make your way towards one of the many casinos or malls to cool down, which, in any case, will be within a 10-meter range from where you will be standing. That’s Vegas for you!
- First time in Vegas? Read these handy “know before you go” tips.
- Your foodie guide to Sin City. Eating pants required!
- Not a gambler? Las Vegas may still be a great option for you nonetheless.
Retiree capital, Fort Lauderdale? Nah, not anymore! The underrated seaside city has evolved from snowbird hotspot to a thriving destination for young families, couples and groups of friends, where everyone is guaranteed a good time – especially when it involves flights to Fort Lauderdale Airport and four nights in a 4* hotel for less than $1200.
Whether you opt to cruise down the 165 miles of waterways by water-taxi or by visiting the city’s many art museums, there is no such thing as being bored in the Sunshine State.
- New to Florida? Check out these 7 fun things to do in Fort Laudedale (that aren’t tanning).
- Fascinated by architecture? Take a day trip to Miami’s Art Deco district in South Beach!
- Take the kids to one of Florida’s iconic theme parks while you’re there!
Who in their right mind would say no to a quick trip to Maui? With several deals under $1500, it’s hard to envision why anyone would say no to Hawaii’s “Magic Isle”.
With plenty of water-based activities and accessible adventures in the island’s lush forests, Maui is the perfect place for families. Terrific beaches, blue water, abundant marine life, volcanic Haleakalā National Park, quaint towns, scenic drives, you name it, Maui has it – what are you waiting for?
- Did you know Haleakala National Park in Maui has some of the best sunsets in the Hawaii?
- Here’s a list of places to take your kids for a quick hike in Hawaii.
- Secret Beach in Maui is, quite aptly, one of the most underrated beaches on the island.
True, the pound to dollar rate has rarely given such little bang for our buck. But London in summertime is a magical sight to behold seeing as the sun doesn’t come out of its cover behind a thick gray cloud for any of the other 9 months of the year – so yes, it is worth the expense.
You can expect to pay just shy of $1500 for a four-day London getaway including flights, which isn’t bad at all compared to regular prices. Luckily for budget travellers, London is a very affordable city; cheap eateries are plentiful, Tower Bridge and Big Ben can be admired in all their glory along the riverbank and there is always a free comedy show somewhere in the city, even on Monday nights.
- Did you know that most of London’s museums are free to enter?
- Not familiar with London’s neighbourhoods? Start here.
- Set a lumos charm to light the way to the top Harry Potter filming locations in London.
- Between the free guided tours and the discounted theatre tickets, London doesn’t have to be expensive.
Welcome to Chi-Town! The modern metropolis (the third largest in the United States), located on the shores of Lake Michigan, defines itself by its notorious love for fine arts, baseball and blues.
And for just $1000, Chicago can be yours for a long weekend. How about that? Shop ’til you drop on Magnificent Mile, play tourist at the silver bean in Millennium Park, catch a baseball game at the legendary Wrigley Field, marvel at the world-class pieces inside the Art Institute of Chicago – if the weather Gods feel generous, it might even get warm enough for you to sunbathe on Millennium Beach.
- Chicago’s restaurant scene is hot, hot, hot: here’s where you want to dine while you’re in town.
- Only got a few days on your hands? Don’t miss these must-do Chicago attractions.
- Chicago’s vastly underrated architectural heritage will leave you speechless. Make the most of it by foot, by boat or by transit.
How would you feel about a four-day getaway to Paris with views of the Eiffel Tower in the morning? Like the luckiest person in the world, that’s how!
Whichever arrondissement you pick for your trip, you won’t be disappointed. Between the must-do’s like the Louvre and Arc de Triomphe, and the little-known gems like Promenade Plantée and Montparnasse Village, Paris is full of surprises, every time.
- Why not treat yourself to one of the top luxury hotels in Paris?
- Go on a quest to find the best croissants in the City of Lights.
- Paris has great rail connections! Take advantage of that by going on a few day trips near the capital.
Where will you be jetting off to for your summer holiday?